Dream Kitchen: Modern Farmhouse
At the heart of every home is its kitchen. We spend countless hours in this room, preparing meals, baking, starting and ending our days, socializing, creating memories. The perfect kitchen should seamlessly combine convenience and style, showcasing both your culinary prowess and personal tastes. Building the kitchen of your dreams may seem like a complicated endeavor, but the professionals are here to make your vision a reality. Pierce Flooring and Cabinet Design walks us through the kitchen design process, from consultation to construction. We also take an inside look at one of their completed projects.
Pierce prides itself on accommodating all budgets, features and wishlists to achieve its clients’ perfect space. Jason Loyning, a designer and cabinet design specialist, explains how the design process has been adapting to the modern age.
“Social media is playing an ever-increasing role in the consultation process to help us understand the customer’s needs and wants in their dream kitchen,” he says. “Our designers ask what they like and dislike in their current kitchen. Then they look at samples with the customer to get an understanding of their style, colors and design elements they desire in their home. Who does the majority of the cooking? Baking could help decide certain features, right or left-handed, the need for the working triangle and so many more client specific needs.”
After a free home measurement, Pierce creates a 3-D image of the space. This allows the clients to envision the completed kitchen with all of the different options available.
“Make changes and play!” Jason says. “From there we give pricing quotes and go back and forth with the 3-D image and quotes until we find the dream kitchen at an acceptable budget.”
The professionals handle all elements of the project, including electrical, plumbing, drywall, installer scheduling, countertop templating and more. At the end of the process, clients can enjoy their completely customized kitchen.
Real Kitchen Inspiration: Modern Farmhouse
Signature Series constitutes some of the best cabinetry on the market currently.
- Soft-close drawers and doors
- Concord shaker-style door—the client chose an upgrade option of a white painted red oak door to give the cabinets more of a textured farmhouse feel.
- Full extension undermount drawers
- Dovetail drawers provide strength and durability.
- Floating shelving adds a modern touch.
- Farm Apron front sink.
- White quartz countertops along the perimeter
- Island is made from butcher block, edge grain walnut with natural finishing.
- Corner drawer instead of the traditional lazy Susan
- Mixer lift in island
- Spice drawer pullouts
Get the Look
1. Bar stools (set of 4), $129.95, UrbanMod.com
2. Large “Gather” sign, $49.99, HobbyLobby.com
3. Metal canister set (3-pack), $112.50, Target.com
4. Boxwood sphere, $9.99, HobbyLobby.com