Founder of Karlee’s Nail Painting for a Cause
Helping Families, One Manicure at a Time
“Be the change you want to see.”
When she was 7 years old this line from a TV commercial resonated with Karlee Albertson. Inspired to do something to help her community, she directed her efforts toward the upcoming holiday season.
“It was close to Christmastime, and I knew that there were people who couldn’t afford Christmas presents, so I wanted to help,” Karlee, now 11, says.
Over the past five seasons, the sixth-grader has been raising money to adopt families in need for Christmas by using a unique and creative method: painting nails. Last year, she raised more than $3,600 at venues such as Portraits for a Cause, which benefits The Big J Show’s “Santa Clause for a Cause”. Her positive attitude and giving heart shine through, brushstroke by brushstroke.
“Someday, I hope that everybody, everywhere, can have a present under the Christmas tree.”
5 Favorite Things
- Stranger Things – “It is the best TV show ever.”
- Family and friends – “They are very supportive.”
- Harry Potter – “The books are very intriguing.”
- Acting – “It brings out a different side of a person.” She has performed in James and the Giant Peach, Charlotte’s Web, and even wrote and directed Peter Pan with a friend at Sandstone Elementary.
- Soccer – After playing for six years, she loves “all the adrenaline you get before a game.”